Saturday 21 May 2016

Marker mandala

A while back I had a dig through a bunch of old drawings. I came across a couple of marker mandalas I made about a year ago, and decided to make another one! I started off by choosing a pleasing colour palette: 


Of course, snacks and tea are compulsory when drawing (in the background you can see some of the old mandalas I dug out): 


I start drawing my mandalas by making a circle in the middle of the paper and then take it from there, continuously expanding the mandala ring by ring until the paper has been filled:  





I didn't have any plan whatsoever for what I wanted the mandala to look like. I just drew whatever shapes felt natural: 


Once I'd finished with the markers, I used a fine black liner to make the mandala look a wee bit more interesting, once again starting in the middle and drawing my way outwards:  




And, after a couple of hours' work… Ta-da!



Have you tried drawing mandalas? 

No comments:

Post a Comment