Tuesday 12 April 2016

The Gryffindor Common Room: Step by step

I've been on a bit of a Potter roll lately, listening my way through several of the books while working. Yesterday I started (and finished) a very Potter-inspired drawing, but before we get to that, allow me to share with you one of my favourite pieces of magical music to put you all in an enchantingly good mood: 


Now, where were we… Oh yes, the Gryffindor Common Room! Despite being a Hufflepuff through and through, I still find the warmth and cosiness of the Gryffindor Tower pretty inviting. I started off sketching (rather crudely) two comfy armchairs: 


One of which Harry immediately invited himself to sit down in: 


Ginny showed up to keep him company: 


Soon followed by Ron: 


And, of course, Hermione: 


Ron and Harry immediately immersed themselves in some sort of magical board game: 


Let the colouring begin! The second I'd finished colouring Ron's jumper, though, I realised I probably should've added an 'R' to the front of it, but oh well: 


The Gryffindor Common Room wouldn't be the Gryffindor Common Room without a proper fireplace: 


I decided to use the fireplace that can be seen in the later movies (for extra authenticity): 


Before long, the four friends were chatting happily and laughing in front of a roaring fire: 






I probably could've added more details to this drawing, I realise now, but all in all I'm pretty happy with it. And I had so much fun making it - it's been ages since I've drawn Potter fan art of any kind. 


Do you ever create fan art?

3 comments:

  1. Berre så himla kult og fint! :D Er Potter-fan sjølv, og må seie at du har fanga stemninga med denne teikninga ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jag blir ju tårögd! Är i ett sånt himla HP-frenzy efter att ha besökt studiorna i London. Vill bara ta ledigt från allt och göra HP-relaterade saker. Denna illustration är SÅ fin och fångar verkligen den där hemtrevliga underbara stämningen jag får när jag tänker på Gryffindortornet <3

    ReplyDelete